(deze vacature is ingevuld, 20-10-2011) The MEININGER Group runs twelve low-budget hotels in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Cologne, Munich, London, Vienna and Salzburg, and continues to expand: Five further hotels will be opened by the beginning of 2012.
“MEININGER The urban traveller’s Home” stands for a central location, excellent transport connections, a pleasant atmosphere, a friendly and natural service as well as upmarket facilities at a favourable price. Business travellers, globetrotters, students, travel groups or families especially appreciate the uncomplicated MEININGER way. The company seated in Berlin was founded in 1999 and currently has about 280 employees.
We are searching for a committed and determined executive employee to manage the hotel team as from January 2012. Your field of tasks comprises leading the employees and managing the hotel, i.e. you will be responsible for the reception, the rooms through to F&B. Working for our young and dynamic MEININGER hotel group, you will have the opportunity to take a considerable effect on the company’s growth and shape the character of our Munich hotel. When it comes to our employees, we do not rely on spotless careers and ironed ties. At MEININGER, the courage to act unconventionally, paired with commitment and competence, is what we are looking for.
About the ideal General Manager
- We expect a well-founded apprenticeship and several years of work experience in the hotel/hostel industry. In your previous career you have become acquainted with different companies and fields and you have acquired a very good knowledge of a front office system (e.g. ASSD, Fidelio).
- Thanks to your excellent communication and teamworking skills, feeling at ease and working in new situations comes naturally to you. You see change as an opportunity to personal and professional development.
- In this position you require very good Dutch and English language skills, additional foreign languages (e.g. German) would be of advantage.
- You have a results-oriented way of working and you are well aware of your role model function.
- To you, commitment is not only an empty phrase but part of your strengths, along with entrepreneurial thinking. You bring forward your own ideas, however remaining considerate and attentive.
Apply as General Manager
Please send us your application and CV in English or German and reports in addition to your approximate salary expectation. You will find further information about what is required for your application at (deze vacature is ingevuld, 20-10-2011)
We look forward to your application. Please observe that we can only consider online applications.
Offer to the General Manager
We are offering the General Manager an initial one year’s contract as well as seminars and trainings to support you and your development. Your professional progress within the company is also promoted by MEININGER.
Apart from a good basic salary we are offering you a profit-related bonus. The introductory training will be in Berlin.
Contact The MEININGER Group
(deze vacature is ingevuld, 20-10-2011)